Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staff Accountant Interview Questions

"As a staff accountant, you'll be responsible for working with clients to manage their finances. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and experience handling financial data. Be prepared to answer technical questions that will test your knowledge of accounting as well as some behavioral questions about your ability to manage projects and meet deadlines."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What kind of job atmosphere do you prefer to work in; group or individual atmosphere?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in five years?

1 Answer

Questions are not hard. Some accounting knowledge questions (Easy if you have 1 year of accounting experience).

1 Answer

had I done payroll tax returns?

1 Answer

why are you willing to leave your current firm?

1 Answer

Do you have a degree in Accounting?

1 Answer

They asked how quickly could I start!

1 Answer

I was asked about my experience using Oracle and Blackline software as they were soon going to be migrating to these platforms. I was also asked about my previous history analyzing manufacturing variances, particularly purchase price variances and how I would go proactively approach minimizing these variances.

1 Answer

There were a multitude of questions in response to the position and how it pertain to my skill set

1 Answer

Why should we choose you for this job?

1120 of 1,869 Interview Questions