Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staff Accountant Interview Questions

"As a staff accountant, you'll be responsible for working with clients to manage their finances. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and experience handling financial data. Be prepared to answer technical questions that will test your knowledge of accounting as well as some behavioral questions about your ability to manage projects and meet deadlines."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why should we choose you for this job?

1 Answer

A sheet of 22-25 questions (all personality) pick 5 and answer it. Questions like how do you deal under stress? What would you do if this happened?

1 Answer

Have you ever been thought of as untrustworthy?

1 Answer

"Our client needs to save $30M over the next 12 months, they are planning to make this savings through employee attrition. Will they reach their goal? What else can they do to increase savings?"

1 Answer

List some of your weaknesses

1 Answer

Willingness to accept temporary position.

1 Answer

Most unexpected question was, "If I wanted to fill this room with baseballs, how would you do it? Take me through your steps/thought process in achieving this."

1 Answer

Asked about past jobs and experiences in past positions.

1 Answer

If there were a time that I needed a situation addressed by a supervisor and could not proceed without a response, what would I do to fill the time while I waited for an answer.

1 Answer

What's it going to take to get you to accept this job?

2130 of 1,879 Interview Questions