Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staff Accountant Interview Questions

"As a staff accountant, you'll be responsible for working with clients to manage their finances. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and experience handling financial data. Be prepared to answer technical questions that will test your knowledge of accounting as well as some behavioral questions about your ability to manage projects and meet deadlines."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When I was asked to submit a writing sample?

1 Answer

1) Tell me about yourself 2) Why is your GPA not on here? 3) Why our company? Why not a larger firm/small firm? 4) Do you like working in teams or independently? 5) What do you think about evaluations/constructive criticism/montly reviews? 6) Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? 7) Tell me about a time you had to work in group 8) What did you do when you were proposed with a difficult situation, and how did you handle it? 9) What do you do when you disagree with a team member? 10) Why public accounting and not private accounting?

1 Answer

You would have to know how to understand fink fail statements. Reconciliations and foriegn curr not exchange. You would have to know excel v-lookup and pivot tables.

1 Answer

What do you currently do? Why are you looking to leave you current position? Are you willing to give less than 2 weeks notice? Do you have any questions?

1 Answer

What did you enjoy most about owning your business?

1 Answer

Why are looking to move to public accounting?

1 Answer

Taking the accounting knowledge test was unexpected.

1 Answer

If you were in a meeting with your boss and several other people, and your boss said something incorrect, what would you do ?

1 Answer

What kind of salary would make you happy?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

6170 of 1,927 Interview Questions