Statistical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Statistical Interview Questions

Statistical interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Case interview #1: Mail sending

2 Answers

I'm sorry if i understood the question wrong. But wont the option 2 better in every scenario? It costs the company 40c to send the mail with 90% accuracy. So to have the same reach to number of people as of option 1 (say we want 100 people to get the mail), we just need to send the mail to 111.11 people in option 2. With 90%, it will reach 100 people and will cost $44.44 whereas it will cost $50 with option 1. It will not matter if only the accuracy rate was 80% in option 2.

there should have two utility functions, one for number of people received mail, one for the money spend: U1=g(X) - f(0.5X); U3=g(0.9X) - f(0.4X). if money is the most important constraint, function f would be a very steep function, thus U3 > U1; if people is the most important, g would be a very steep function, thus U1 > U3. if we have g and f defined, we can set U1=U3,

You have 1000 randomly sampled data points. The goal is to try to build a regression model with one response variable from k regressor variables. Which is better? 1. (Bayesian Regression) Using the first 500 samples to estimate the parameters of an assumed prior distribution and then use the last 500 samples to update the prior to a posterior distribution with posterior estimates to be used in the final regression model. 2. (OLS Regression) Use a simple ordinary least squares regression model with all 1000 regressor variables.

When can you start?

1 Answer

they gave me a data set, and asked me to write a sas program immediately by hand

Any interaction with biologist

1 Answer

Tell me how to teach someone to solve a problem with a program.

1 Answer

What would you want in a manager?

1 Answer

What all activities you do while validating a table or dataset?

1 Answer

they checked my previous experience. It seems I was the good fit.

1 Answer

well all questions were all right.

110 of 163 Interview Questions