Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Statistician Interview Questions

"When you interview for a position as a statistician, you can expect to be asked about your knowledge of statistics, analytical and critical thinking skills, and your ability to draw conclusions from gathered data. Prepare to answer situational questions that may require you to analyze a set of data and explain its meaning or design an experiment to gather important statistical data. Your employer will want to make sure you can use your theoretical knowledge of statistics to solve hands-on, real world problems."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

when given a data set, what is the first step u take? before u start analyzing it?

2 Answers

I said we should clean it up. Try to see which variables we can get rid by checking for collinearity. The interviewer's followup question was - what about even before this? I said "determine the goal as in figure out what we want to accomplish". She then asked "how we do this?" We just kept going in a circle with this question...

I would say that we should visualize the data first, getting a sense of it. How many attributes it contains? What are the ranges of the attributes? What is the data type for each attribute (ordinal, categorical, ratio, interval)? How might they be related? What are the predictors and how about the response(s)? These are typically the first thing I'd like to know when investigating a data set that I have no previous knowledge of.

What does p value mean?

1 Answer

Case 1: Do we need to keep the employment verification during the application of a credit card?

1 Answer

Case 2: I am a retailer. If I want to issue credit card, can I make 20% profit margin?

1 Answer

How do you apply your research in graduate school to our company?

1 Answer

You don't have woke experience on sas programming

1 Answer

Why do you want this position?

1 Answer

What's a project you've done well at?

1 Answer

Describe types of clinical trials you have worked on.

110 of 245 Interview Questions