Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

statistician Interviews

Statistician Interview Questions

"When you interview for a position as a statistician, you can expect to be asked about your knowledge of statistics, analytical and critical thinking skills, and your ability to draw conclusions from gathered data. Prepare to answer situational questions that may require you to analyze a set of data and explain its meaning or design an experiment to gather important statistical data. Your employer will want to make sure you can use your theoretical knowledge of statistics to solve hands-on, real world problems."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

when given a data set, what is the first step u take? before u start analyzing it?

2 Answers

I said we should clean it up. Try to see which variables we can get rid by checking for collinearity. The interviewer's followup question was - what about even before this? I said "determine the goal as in figure out what we want to accomplish". She then asked "how we do this?" We just kept going in a circle with this question...

I would say that we should visualize the data first, getting a sense of it. How many attributes it contains? What are the ranges of the attributes? What is the data type for each attribute (ordinal, categorical, ratio, interval)? How might they be related? What are the predictors and how about the response(s)? These are typically the first thing I'd like to know when investigating a data set that I have no previous knowledge of.

What does p value mean?

1 Answer

One probability question and one r coding. Teams A and B are playing a game with 7 matches. A has probability p to win a match. What's the probability A wins the game at the 7th match.

6 Answers

Behavior questions mostly, your strength and weakness, your greatest accomplishment in the past 6 months, how do you maintain the quality of your work, how often you use a list of softwares, what the company does, have you done something that influence your current work place in a positive way, your ideal work place...etc

2 Answers

If I wanted to have children and when

2 Answers

Statistical questions include power analysis, design of experiment, longitudinal analysis. Behavioral questions tell me a time types.

2 Answers

SAS, SQL, logistic regression questions, estimate how many cars in Atlanta and how could you get the answer?

2 Answers

Tell me about your experience persuading someone and change their opinion. Tell me about a time when you encounter great change of your project. Tell me about a project that you're most proud of .

2 Answers

Are you aware of macro in SAS?

110 of 320 Interview Questions