Sterile Processing Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sterile Processing Technician Interview Questions

"Hospitals depend on sterile processing technicians to ensure patient safety and prevent infections. Technicians gain an extensive knowledge of hospital policy by completing certification programs accredited by the IAHCSMM and CBSPD. Interviews for this position focus primarily on situational questions such as how you would handle an upset patient or conflict with a doctor. Be sure to emphasize your punctuality, social perceptiveness, and service-oriented nature."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked how did you handle most challenging boss you have had.

1 Answer

I explained that I'm an independent worker and prefer to be shown one time, but because I'm a tactile learner I need to do it on my own, and then have the boss come check it after. So my example was a boss who needed a grant written, but wanted to stand over me, but I explained that I'll write it then he can edit it in his own language. Since I knew the boss's style he didn't have to change much.

How would I handle a difficult Doctor upset over instrumentation not being ready?

1 Answer

How would I react in a conflict with another employee.

1 Answer

No difficult questions at all. But was shocked by the straight forwardness, and the honesty about how they are generous about the salary. They certainly pay you what you are worth.

1 Answer

They asked me what kind of sterilizers I worked with and if I knew how to use them.

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in three years?

1 Answer

They asked about a time when work was difficult for me and how did I manage it.

like i said, i was asked how well do i perform under pressure since that is what this position or job require.

1 Answer

Do you see yourself with the company in the next 5 years? Do you see this position as being a career for you in the future if offered the position? Tell us a little bit about yourself?

110 of 13 Interview Questions