Sterile processing technician Interview Questions

"Hospitals depend on sterile processing technicians to ensure patient safety and prevent infections. Technicians gain an extensive knowledge of hospital policy by completing certification programs accredited by the IAHCSMM and CBSPD. Interviews for this position focus primarily on situational questions such as how you would handle an upset patient or conflict with a doctor. Be sure to emphasize your punctuality, social perceptiveness, and service-oriented nature."

80 Sterile Processing Technician interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Inspira Health Network
Sterile Processing Technician was asked...December 7, 2013

How would I handle a difficult Doctor upset over instrumentation not being ready?

1 Answers

I would apologize to the doctor and explain to them why there was a delay and emphasize that it won't happen again. Less

Providence

How would I react in a conflict with another employee.

1 Answers

I would talk to the person to resolve. If that didn't work set up a meeting with the management. Less

Catholic Health System

They asked how did you handle most challenging boss you have had.

1 Answers

I explained that I'm an independent worker and prefer to be shown one time, but because I'm a tactile learner I need to do it on my own, and then have the boss come check it after. So my example was a boss who needed a grant written, but wanted to stand over me, but I explained that I'll write it then he can edit it in his own language. Since I knew the boss's style he didn't have to change much. Less

Mercy

Are you a Mercy Fit ?

3 Answers

Yes I am a fit for Mercy, I have high energy I have 8 years in a call center environment. I like to motivate and encourage. Less

Yes, I am. I can provide all the needs Mercy requests and more.

After realizing what they are asking, I said Yes. I am

I asked if I could work both places. The surgery center and my current position.

1 Answers

They told me I could worj at the surgery center and Porter V alparaiso Campus.

Tucson Medical Center

Would you be willing to work in a department you didn't like?

1 Answers

Yes, as long as I had the opportunity to move up later.

The Brookdale Hospital Medical Center

like i said, i was asked how well do i perform under pressure since that is what this position or job require.

1 Answers

I answered that i work better when I'm under pressure, because whenever I'm face with challenge it normally brings the best out of me to perform to impress. Less

CHOC Children's

Why do you want to work for Choc?

Innovative

UC Irvine Health

They asked about my job experience.

I answered

Memorial Hermann Health System

No difficult questions at all. But was shocked by the straight forwardness, and the honesty about how they are generous about the salary. They certainly pay you what you are worth.

Perfect place to work.