Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's the stock of the company currently valued at?

4 Answers

What are your weaknesses?

7 Answers

Where do you believe that our shrink comes from the most? Internal? Or external?

2 Answers

"You are never going to get anywhere with a communications degree" "Right now, I am asking the questions. I will tell you when it's YOUR turn to ask a question" "Wow it seems like you are just all about money. Would you say that is correct?" "What makes you think you can walk in here after never working here before and manage people who have been working here for ten or more years?" "You think you are experienced? I have worked at...(Starts naming every single clothing store he has ever worked in or managed). That's experience." (First of all, sir, I'm not applying for your job....!) "I have friends who make $1000+ every night serving at high end restaurants in New York City. Wouldn't that be nice? But you couldn't do that." "Your resume is total crap." I was asked TWO questions pertaining to the actual job: Managing approach to employees older than I and that had worked there longer, and what metric I would focus on to get all of them up if we were down for the day.

2 Answers

What is the most important decision you make everyday as a store manager

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task, what affect did it have and what did you do?

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when you were wrong?

2 Answers

What do you feel are the most important aspect for running a successful store.

2 Answers

Do you even want to be here?

2 Answers

Why do you want to leave your current company?

1120 of 5,216 Interview Questions