Summer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Summer Consultant Interview Questions

Summer consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

2 behavioral and 1 flipchart presentation.

1 Answer

Very basic. nothing out of the ordinary

All of the interviews are challenging because they are real-life business cases that the interviewer must work through. One of the more challenging ones involved some data in the software industry. It included a bubble chart with three dimensions of data - y-axis, x-axis and bubble size. There was a lot going on in the industry and the case involved synthesizing all of the information/trends and providing strategy recommendations for the client.

1 Answer

Why do you choose this position?

1 Answer

The interviewer drew a curve on a piece of paper and said it represented the revenue for a telephony company over time. Asked me to brainstorm and then hone in on what was driving the revenue curve. Interviewer was supportive, rather than hard-nosed.

What's something not on your resume you would like to tell me?

When considering a position, What do you look for in a organization, a team, and a job role?

Case was highly structured and interviewer led. Behavioral questions were: "Why economic consulting?" "Tell us about a time you worked in a group" and "What do you see yourself doing in the 3-5 years after you graduate"

I always find behavioral interviews harder. One question I was asked was, "What are 3 qualities that you think you possess will make you fail as a consultant"?

Tell me about a time when things didn't go as expected.

110 of 88 Interview Questions