Summer Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Summer Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Summer software engineer intern interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

25 racehorses, no stopwatch. 5 tracks. Figure out the top three fastest horses in the fewest number of races.

9 Answers

We can do it in seven races, we'll call them races A-F. For notation, we'll say that the Nth horse in race X is called X.N. Races A-E: Divide the horses into 5 groups of 5 each such that each horse races only once. We can eliminate the slowest 2 horses in each of the five races because there are definitely 3 horses faster in each case. As a result, we eliminate 5x2 = 10 horses: {A.4,A.5,B.4,B.5,C.4,C.5,D.4,D.5,E.4,E.5} Race F: Race the fastest horses in each race A-E: {A.1, B.1, C.1, D.1, E.1}. To simplify notation, we'll label F.1 as horse A.1, F.2 as horse B.1, and so forth. That means the winner of this race is A.1, and it is the fastest horse of all. We don't have to race A.1 anymore. We can eliminate D.1 and E.1 = 2 horses. Because they are not in the top 3. As a result, we know that all remaining horses from D and E are eliminated. This is D.2,D.3,E.2,E.3 = 4 horses. We know that A.1,B.1, and B.2 are all faster than B.3 (and similar for C.3) so they are not in the top 3.We can eliminate B.3 and C.3 = 2 horses. Finally, we know that A.1 is faster than B.1, which is faster than C.1, and thus C.2, so we can remove C.2 = 1 horse. Race G: We have removed 19 horses from competition and are sure that A.1 is the fastest horse of them all. This leaves just 5 horses: {A.2,A.3,B.1,B.2,C.1}. We race them and select the top 2 to join A.1 as the top 3 fastest horses.

just run them all on the one track :) one race, and you get your 3 fastest horses in one go........or am I missing something!

6 races. Divide 25 horses into 5 groups. Each group races and the fastest is selected. The winner of each of the 5 races all race together. Pick Top 1,2 and 3. My only concern: Could the answer be this simple?

If you roll 5 standard six-sided dice, what’s the probability that you get at least two 4s? Also: you were offered the following bet: we pay you $1000 if you roll at least two 4s but you have to pay Rapleaf $1000 if you don't. Would you take the bet? Why or why not?

1 Answer

what is object and what is interference in OOD

1 Answer

We’re excited that you’re interested in a position here at Rapleaf. Why are you interested in working at Rapleaf in particular? What about Rapleaf excites you? Please limit yourself to 1-2 paragraphs.

step 1. 1. print the degree between hour and minute in a clock. 2. do not remember properly but had some thing to do with linked lists sorts. step 2. 1. print a 2D matrix spiral. 2. how many different ways you can put n blocks on top of each other so that upper layer has less blocks than the lower one. 3. what is the difference of struct and class? default values. 4. merge two sorted linked list… how do you test it? 5. how you query existence of an unsigned integer in a large number of files with large number of integers in them 6. the rate of two people colliding at pantry place? once a day each person and for 5 min stay

write a kind of sort algorithm and tell the complicity.

Bubble sort is O(n) at best, O(n^2) at worst, and its memory usage is O(1) . Merge sort is always O(n log n), but its memory usage is O(n). Explain which algorithm you would use to implement a function that takes an array of integers and returns the max integer in the collection, assuming that the length of the array is less than 1000. What if the array length is greater than 1000?

There were a lot of questions regarding java trivia. One architectural question asked me to describe how I would design java to mimic the human body.

The first question given to me was the most difficult. It was a logic puzzle, and asked which of four statements about the puzzle was true. I could have sketched a logic puzzle grid, but I decided the simplest way was to test if each of the four statements could be disproved.

110 of 17 Interview Questions