Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Summer Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Summer technology analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you show a correlation between two types of data?

3 Answers

***Probably asked based on my prior research experience*** I kinda fudged this one. I said that I'd compute the covariance of the two datasets. My interviewer took the answer but didn't show whether or not he liked that answer.

Covariance and correlation coefficient are based on Gaussian assumption, Spearman's rank correlation maybe a better choice if they are totally different types of data. A scatterplot before calculating these statistics is recommended.

if two are both quantitative variables, use correlation. if both are categorical, use two way table. if one is quantitative and the other is categorical, then convert the quantitative one to a categorical one then make a two way table.

What is a normal distribution? What would you think if your data didn't fit one?

2 Answers

Asked about certain Business Cases based on my past experience

1 Answer

Find all duplicate strings in a list of strings and return a list without duplicates Which is more efficient to find a character in a list of 1000 characters, using a LinkedList or Array?

2 Answers

A mobile phone company with coverage over three states wants to upgrade it's Customer Relationship Management system. How should it go about this?

1 Answer

How would you create a deck of cards using object oriented programming? If there are 3 boxes of marbles, one black one white and one mixed. They are mislabled (And forsure wrong) if you could pick one marble from any box you choose can you determine all 3. (a. yes b/c pick from labled mixed and you know its definitely white or black then you can tell the other one is mixed and figure out them all) - i got this and they still didnt give me the internship:(

3 Answers

What frustrates you the most?

1 Answer

I was Econ major, so most of the questions dwelled on why tech and how I could make an impact having no prior tech knowledge.

1 Answer

What is the software development life cycle?

1 Answer

Discuss an algorithm to slot events into a single day from 9:00 to 4:00. The parts of the day are divided into 30 minute intervals. Some 30 minute intervals are blocked and an event cannot be scheduled to overlap with such an interval. Try to slot the events so that lower priority and lower duration events are dropped.

110 of 314 Interview Questions