Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Support Specialist Interview Questions

3,055

Support specialist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are trying to access a file on a shared drive, but cannot (somewhat vague way to phrase question, but that is its intent I suppose)

2 Answers

Is the computer that is sharing the drive turned on?

This may be a trick question, to answer think carefully, describe what you would do. Sample- I would check to see that I can open other files that I am allowed access to. Then I would check the permissions and see if I am allowed to access this file, if not I would ask the person in charge of permissions to grant me access, if I have the correct permissions I would make sure that my programs are working correctly and would copy the file to my local drive to modify or use then if needed, paste the file on the shared drive where the information is needed. Also, you would need to make sure that the file is not in use by another person and is not accessible because of it's current use.

Using your visualization skills, starting from the top of a desktop computer, name the ports you would see.

2 Answers

How much experience do you have in call-center tech support?

2 Answers

"What is sysprep, and how is it used in an everyday computer enviornment?"

2 Answers

I suppose her question of "Why should we invest x amount of money into training you for this job" because it puts the interviewee in an awkward position -- like she implies "remember how much we'll end up using our budget to pay your salary, so justify why we should do so, even though we'd probably prefer not to."

1 Answer

Just through a questionnaire. What are my two weaknesses?

1 Answer

There were no real "questions" per say, just why'd you pick JCP, do you have any experience, just basically telling them about yourself.

1 Answer

Final interview with Technology Director and Superintendent, the Superintendent points to the Director and asks me, "Do you want his job?"

1 Answer

How are you at Accounting?

No difficult questions.