Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Systems engineers work closely with systems analysts to maintain a company's IT system by developing the operating systems that run computers. Expect to be quizzed on a variety of technical questions that will test your knowledge of how computer systems work. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor's degree in an engineering field and previous experience with technology.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

There is a body of water that starts with 1 square unit, and doubles in size every day (2 units after 2 days, 4 units after 4 days). It takes 100 days to fill up. How many days would it take to fill if you started with 2 square units?

6 Answers

Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.

8 Answers

Technical questions were relevant to the position I was applying for, and I felt they were straight forward enough. I think there was a great focus on why I wanted to work here, and how I felt the culture would fit me and vice versa.

3 Answers

You are driving on a racetrack. The first lap you averaged 60mph. How fast do you have to drive on the second lap to average 120mph on both laps?

4 Answers

If you could be any Linux command, which would you be?

3 Answers

name the 5 FSMO roles

2 Answers

How can you edit/change the file which has only read permission

4 Answers

What do you think is in a satellite?

Situational Questions, Resume and preparation with examples is the key

2 Answers

The most difficult question during the interview was “Tell me about a decision that had to be made where your team members didn’t see “eye-to-eye” on, and how did you handle it?”. This wasn’t a particularly difficult question to answer based on my background—I pulled from team experiences that I had led in the past, but can see how this could be a tricky question to answer (underlining purpose of this question is to determine if you have a “dictator” approach, if you tend to side with one group, or if you aim to bring your team together in the middle to find a compromising proposition).

1120 of 3,051 Interview Questions