Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Systems hardware engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you represent a real-world quantity in a digital system?

1 Answer

What he really wanted me to do was draw the schematic of an ADC input circuit. I don't know why he didn't just ask that in the first place. Since it was a broad question, I spent over 5 minutes explaining binary representation, word size (8/16/32bit), endian-ness, and finally when I mentioned ADCs, he latched onto that and tried to get me to dig deeper. So I drew a block diagram of an ADC, focusing mostly on the interface to the microcontroller, and the channel select multiplexer. He grew increasingly frustrated and tried to get me to draw more detailed sub-circuits for each of the blocks in my diagram. Finally, I got to the actual ADC front end, and I drew a classic textbook R2R ladder circuit, and he seemed satisfied with that. By that point we had spent over 10 minutes in an interview where he was already complaining that he had a lot of ground to cover in limited time. I was so frazzled by the question that I did not even think of mentioning a successive approximation ADC as an alternative to the R2R, even though it's a much more common implementation in my experience.

How do you prevent quantization errors from stacking up when reducing a number's precision by a divide or bit-shift operation?

1 Answer

When have you been in a group/team situation where things did not go as planned?

Equivalent resistance of a resistor cube, with 1ohm resistor on each side.

1 Answer

The one question asked was that what is the thing on your resume which you are most proud of and which is most interesting.

16 of 6 Interview Questions