Business Analyst Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with a stakeholder who was insisting that a complex process would be the ideal solution to an existing problem?

7 Answers

I would explain to the stakeholder that the purpose of the Business Requirements elicitation meeting was designed to identify the business need not to design the solution.

Great answer and exactly right!

nice!!

Why are you the right person for this job.

3 Answers

What functions did you use with Excel?

1 Answer

How do you verify requirements are met

1 Answer

I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.

1 Answer

Why did you leave your previous company?

2 Answers

What role do you want to have as a BA in the future?

1 Answer

Are you a process or customer person?

1 Answer

I was asked a variety of questions from how to handle specific scenarios with co-workers to agile processes and tools used. There were no questions that I considered difficult but that is probably because this is what I have been doing for quite some time. I was asked how/when I find time to do documentation if I am in back to back meetings all day.

1 Answer

Describe your general technical background When working as part of a team, what role are you more comfortable playing? Give me an example f a time when you went above the call of duty at work. How would your past co-workers describe you?

110 of 92 Interview Questions