Tax Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tax Accountant Interview Questions

Tax accountant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

Answer: Everyone makes mistakes and you have to acknowledge it in a humble way. Tell the senior or the partner of the mistake as soon as possible, so they can help you minimize the damage.

Firstly, tell your partner and senior about it. After that, finalize the paperwork and bring it to your client's house. Talk to your client and just tell your client that you've made a mistake and tell your client the correct info

Tell us about a time you worked in a diverse team, describe the task and the outcome.

1 Answer

Have you ever worked in a public accounting firm.

3 Answers

tell me a time you solve the problem creatively!

2 Answers

About meeting tight deadlines.

2 Answers

Why am I showing interest in this position, having been a Tax Manager in my last job

1 Answer

If someone where to make a movie based on your life, what would the title be and break down the trailer?

1 Answer

What kind of tax experience I had? What was my strengths and weaknesses?

1 Answer

Can you work overtime during busy tax season?

1 Answer

They inquired extensively about my sales tax background, including: POS, tax calculation, improvements, research techniques, and personal goals.

110 of 228 Interview Questions