Tax Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tax Accountant Interview Questions

Tax accountant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

Answer: Everyone makes mistakes and you have to acknowledge it in a humble way. Tell the senior or the partner of the mistake as soon as possible, so they can help you minimize the damage.

Firstly, tell your partner and senior about it. After that, finalize the paperwork and bring it to your client's house. Talk to your client and just tell your client that you've made a mistake and tell your client the correct info

Tell us about a time you worked in a diverse team, describe the task and the outcome.

1 Answer

Have you ever worked in a public accounting firm.

1 Answer

Did I know of any co-workers and/or friends that might be looking for work (asked by the CFO)? I now know that this is b/c of such hight turn-over.

1 Answer

The comprehensive exam is a test of all of your knowledge of taxation,. Is it easy?

1 Answer

tell me a time you solve the problem creatively!

What is your passion?

1 Answer

What do you know about our company.

1 Answer

Asked about my tax background

1 Answer

100% Individual tax compliance focused. Technical questions regarding limits, carryovers, credits, Schedule C issues vs pass-through issues, etc.. Unexpected questions were form numbers: what goes on what form---that was a little odd to ask a since I am a little heavy for the position and expected more theory-type questions.

110 of 151 Interview Questions