Tax consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for tax consultant

Tax consultant Interview Questions

3,551

tax consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

Answer: Everyone makes mistakes and you have to acknowledge it in a humble way. Tell the senior or the partner of the mistake as soon as possible, so they can help you minimize the damage.

Firstly, tell your partner and senior about it. After that, finalize the paperwork and bring it to your client's house. Talk to your client and just tell your client that you've made a mistake and tell your client the correct info

What is cost of goods sold in a manufacturing environment?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why do you want to prepare Federal Income taxes?

1 Answer

Tell me a situation or time when you were able to save the company money by lowering a tax expense at your last job.

1 Answer

Tell us about a time you worked in a diverse team, describe the task and the outcome.

1 Answer

Do you have any questions?

7 Answers

Tell me about yourself? differences between cash basis and accrual?

4 Answers

Have you ever worked in a public accounting firm.

3 Answers

The first question: you must be very good if you came this far into the process. Is there anything you would want me to answer?

3 Answers

If you are working on a project with a coworker & the coworker is not understanding the work, what do you do?

2 Answers