Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tax Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Tax Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

2 Answers

Answer: Everyone makes mistakes and you have to acknowledge it in a humble way. Tell the senior or the partner of the mistake as soon as possible, so they can help you minimize the damage.

Firstly, tell your partner and senior about it. After that, finalize the paperwork and bring it to your client's house. Talk to your client and just tell your client that you've made a mistake and tell your client the correct info

What area in tax do you want to specialize in and why?

why rothstein kass

why tax mgr

1 Answer

How do you handle a markup on a markup?

1 Answer

would I force a problem with keeping my self professional , i.e. not having sex with the residents ( this is a low income property and they have a lot of single moms ) and fraternization is not permuted ie you can not eat with a resident , talk to them about anything other then a job you are doing for them , talk or listen to them talk about another resident , refer all question to the office

1 Answer

I was asked to discuss a recent tax article that I read that I found interesting.

Don't focus trying to learn about sales tax, if you are looking expand you product knowledge check out the new Avalara help center at https://help.avalara.com/

18 of 8 Interview Questions