Tax Senior Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tax Senior Interview Questions

Tax senior interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why I wanted to leave my present employer and why I seemed to "switch jobs" often.

1 Answer

Told them I wanted to get as much experience as necessary with a smaller firm and mid-sized firm, and that I wasn't satisfied with the type of clients I had previously worked on.

If you were going to try to underpay your payroll tax, how would you book the transactions on your system? If you were an auditor, how would you find out if the company was underpaying?

Why Deloitte?

1 Answer

How do you handle pressure and conflicting deadlines?

Salary expectations

1 Answer

100% Individual tax compliance focused. Technical questions regarding limits, carryovers, credits, Schedule C issues vs pass-through issues, etc.. Unexpected questions were form numbers: what goes on what form---that was a little odd to ask a since I am a little heavy for the position and expected more theory-type questions.

1 Answer

On your last evaluation, tell me what your manager put down as one of your weaknesses.

1 Answer

Questions: What is the difference between a C and S-corp, and what was the limit on interested expense deduction, what is the limit on estates? That was it!

1 Answer

Describe the situation when you had to be a team player and how you handled the issues during that situation.

1 Answer

You have to look over 4 websites before the interview or you wont be hired. (So I was told)

110 of 198 Interview Questions