Teacher High School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teacher High School Interview Questions

Teacher high school interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. What would you do if a student was disruptive during a lesson? 2. How would you adjust curriculum to be inclusive of students with special needs? 3. What kind of warm-up exercises would you assign at the beginning of each class?

1 Answer

1. I said I would write the disruptive student's name on the board, with one check next to the name. I would remind the student that if he/she gets two more checks, I will send him/her to the Principal's Office. If the student then called me a name or was even more disruptive, I would send him/her to the office immediately, and follow up with a written description of the event. 2. One way to be inclusive is to assign group projects that require 4 or 5 kinds of information -- written, graphic, computer-generated, and a presentation before the class. This naturally provides avenues of achievement for kids who have different talents and limits -- for example, kids with ADD do better with hands-on projects and computer research. Traditional learning style kids enjoy writing assignments and giving speeches or talks before the class. 3. Studies show giving small warm-ups to kids as they come in helps them to settle in and listen. I like to have a few questions on the board, to be copied and answered during class. then they turn these in at end of class. This piques their curiosity about the day's lesson, guides their focus in class to get the answers, and gives me an easily achieved extra grade to boost scores.

Also how do you communicate with parents and students but still make it so the student is independent and growing?

1 Answer

How would you handle classroom management?

1 Answer

Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.

1 Answer

Really know WHY you want to do this job and why the school you are at will help you in your growth. Pat answers aren't generally appreciated. Everyone wants to "change the world".

1 Answer

Mainly general questions about teaching philosophy.

1 Answer

I did most of the talking, however they were fushing for information leading to no student should he left behind.

1 Answer

How would you handle an upset parent

1 Answer

How would I deal with challenging students?

1 Answer

I was asked, what kind of hobbies or interests do you have that will help you to be successful in your professional work.

110 of 218 Interview Questions