Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Technical analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is the difference between a functional requirement and a system requirement?

1 Answer

A functional requirement is the what; a system requirement is the how.

They provided a sheet of paper that had a fake Battle.net website on it. They asked me to circle all of the defects that I could find. They also asked me to solve a fairly simple math equation with one simple rule and that I would "bet my job" on the answer being right.

1 Answer

It wasn't really difficult. If you know the cookie cutter questions, you can easily walk through this interview. I have added a question when I interview people: What is your passion when it comes to business analysis? Why do you want to be one?

1 Answer

How well can you come up to speed working with Ruby and in a custom non-relational database environment?

1 Answer

How do you know when you have enough documentation?

1 Answer

Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end. The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.

2 Answers

Who is the most inspiring person in your life

Why do I want to work with ADP

1 Answer

tell me about a time you restructured an organization

1 Answer

There wasn't any real hard questions. It was based on the job description and very technical.

110 of 660 Interview Questions