Technical Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Business Analyst Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for technical business analysts that can link their technical and business teams through solid knowledge on both business intelligence and technology concepts. Amongst the technical questions, emphasize your communication, problem-solving, and relationship-building skills. You may be asked to provide examples of previous data analysis and data mining, as well as how you would handle a situation where not enough information was given, but a recommendation was requested anyways. Be prepared to always reference specific situations to back up your answers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

It wasn't really difficult. If you know the cookie cutter questions, you can easily walk through this interview. I have added a question when I interview people: What is your passion when it comes to business analysis? Why do you want to be one?

1 Answer

Understanding a part of the business well enough to come up with effective solutions that require minimal effort and then getting the required buy-in from other people in the organization. The political dynamics are an important reason for doing the job.

What is the difference between a functional requirement and a system requirement?

1 Answer

How do you know when you have enough documentation?

1 Answer

Tell me how you would go about analyzing a system and developing requirements.

1 Answer

Q. What is one of drawbacks ?

1 Answer

The CTO asked me if I could duplicate the performance of a recently hired BA who produced at 25 page report full of statistics in one week.

1 Answer

Did you watch our video's on the website?

1 Answer

After agreeing with everyone that a Technical Writer/Business Analyst was difficult to find encompassing both backgrounds and experience, I was asked why I did not have adequate experience in either. It seemed like a paradoxical trick question. The reporting manager asked how I would set up the review process for the five groups this function was to support.

Agile Process