Technical designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical designer Interview Questions

12,477

technical designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about your favorite project.

3 Answers

I ran into my portfolio and talked about that project/process.

This is a common question so prepare thoroughly. Run through your creative process, iterations, and outcome of the project.

Where my computer crashed and I recreated all my projects with a new eye for design. Sometimes it’s about revamping instead of recollecting and my new project was better than the project that was lost. I am a creator and I want to always create🥰

How would you redesign the web site?

2 Answers

Say there was a function that took 1 second to execute and you needed to run this function 10 million times, how would you cut down on the execution time?

1 Answer

Design an interface for a rail station ticket booth

1 Answer

How do you form positive relationships with developers and/or stakeholders?

1 Answer

Who determines user standards, you, the company, someone else?

1 Answer

My exercise was to redesign the Netflix homepage for desktop. The Global VP of Design at Spotify happens to be Rochelle King, formerly of Netflix. I thought that was clever.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

The collaborative task included choosing an existing digital product with a 'freemium' subscription model similar to Spotify and thought-storming ideas/solving issues around it.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How do you deal with a group of twelve or more people who all have a different opinion about what looks good and what doesn't

1 Answer

Describe what is your favorite object, explain why, and it cannot be an Apple product.

110 of 12,477 Interview Questions