Technical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Interview Questions

2,994

interview questions shared by candidates

Technical Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

very straight forward questions already present on glassdoor

6 Answers

Why is a manhole cover round?

6 Answers

I have a log that consists of more than 100 million lines. Each line is just a data about user login, login time, etc. I want to sort them based on user login, and then if there is a tie based on login time, etc. However, I have limited memory, so don't think of storing all of them in an array. The memory can only hold n data where n is much smaller than 100 millions. You can access the disk though although it is much slower. How will you do it so that it is as efficient as possible?

5 Answers

Suppose you have 100 GB of data that you want to sort, but you only have 1 GB of memory. How would you sort this data?

8 Answers

Write a program that given 4 coin denominations and a dollar amount finds the best way to express that amount using the coins given. I.e. you have coins with denominations of 1c, 7c, 13c,19c and you have to express $2.12 with the least number of coins. There is always a 1c coin but the other 3 are arbitrary.

6 Answers

Consider an X x Y array of 1's and 0s. The X axis represents "influences" meaning that X influences Y. So, for example, if $array[3,7] is 1 that means that 3 influences 7. An "influencer" is someone who influences every other person, but is not influenced by any other member. Given such an array, write a function to determine whether or not an "influencer" exists in the array.

12 Answers

Given a page size and a number, align the number with the nearest page. (Note: This was a phone interview question. The interviewer and I used an online document to share ideas about this problem.

5 Answers

If you want to distribute a large file (gigabytes) in a large (100+ machines) park how do you do it?

5 Answers

If you have a deck of cards split into 4 piles and was offered 1:1 odds to draw a face card (J Q K A) from at least one of the piles, would you take the game? Why or why not?

4 Answers

Write a function that finds the square root of a decimal number.

4 Answers