Technical project manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical project manager Interview Questions

"When hiring a technical project manager, an employer will look for candidates with the management skills and industry knowledge to oversee company projects that require members to have large amounts of technical knowledge, usually in the form of programming and software development. Some of the interview questions you may be asked will target your management experience and philosophy while others will focus on your understanding of the technical processes you will be working with in the project."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

4 Answers

I said I would talk to them about t-shirt sizing and try several ways to help them understand that story estimation has little to nothing to do with time, rather effort. I also explained that this was a challenging topic for a new team.

Story points should be explained to a team that's new to agile, that it's an agreed upon estimate. Explaining to teams that it's the amount of

Time vs effort.. teams get hung up on time based estimates. And not about the amount of effort it's going to take to accomplish a task/user story.

Describe a project where you encountered issues with completing the tasks or getting others to complete the tasks. Explain what you did.

1 Answer

What is a DNS? How does it work?

1 Answer

How well can you come up to speed working with Ruby and in a custom non-relational database environment?

1 Answer

What are your salary expectations?

3 Answers

Tell me what you think the job is about?

2 Answers

The somewhat tired, four people need to cross a bridge which can only support two people at a time plus the lantern they need to see their footing. How long does it take if Person 1 takes 1 minute to cross, #2 takes 5 minutes to cross, #3 takes five minutes, and #4 takes 10 minutes.

2 Answers

What are some of the things you and your supervisor have disagreed on?

Tell me a time when...

2 Answers

I want to do cow counts in US what are your approach

110 of 611 Interview Questions