Technical Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

"When hiring a technical project manager, an employer will look for candidates with the management skills and industry knowledge to oversee company projects that require members to have large amounts of technical knowledge, usually in the form of programming and software development. Some of the interview questions you may be asked will target your management experience and philosophy while others will focus on your understanding of the technical processes you will be working with in the project."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe a project where you encountered issues with completing the tasks or getting others to complete the tasks. Explain what you did.

1 Answer

I had a project that was interfered with by outside management that continuously interjected non-related tasks into this project. I reset the expectations of management, documented the deliverables and made sure that management supported my deflection of the outside tasks to other responsible staff.

What is a DNS? How does it work?

1 Answer

How well can you come up to speed working with Ruby and in a custom non-relational database environment?

1 Answer

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

4 Answers

What are your salary expectations?

3 Answers

details of the dns zone file - mx, ns, etc. I answered "ns=name server" then the next question was to get more specific of what type of ns. Also what is SOA

2 Answers

I want to do cow counts in US what are your approach

2 Answers

What are some of the things you and your supervisor have disagreed on?

2 Answers

What other jobs/positions have you applied for?

1 Answer

What is your expected salary?

110 of 411 Interview Questions