Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

"Technical recruiting is a demanding sector of recruiting that requires an understanding of what software engineers do and how the tech industry works. In an interview, expect to discuss your knowledge of the technology field for which you are applying as well as answer typical recruiting questions about organizational and time management skills. Because employees in this role need a more advanced skill set than general recruiters, companies often look for candidates with at least 1-3 years of prior recruiting experience."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

In order to recruit IT personnel, we expect you to be up to date on languages and operating systems. Tell us about your experience.

1 Answer

I am up to date on discussing any language or operating system need that an employer describes to me as being critical to accomplishing the job. As a recruiter for 25 years, it was not necessary that I do the job that I recruited for. That would be like requiring employees to be dead to work for an undertaker (NO I DIDN'T SAY THAT, but wanted to).

What are the three attributes you believe a successful technical recruiter should have?

2 Answers

What would you do if candidates kept making it to the face-to-face stage after successful phone interviews, only to bomb technically?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work in sales?

1 Answer

Easy questions. Looking for a personality fit, and someone that assures them they don't mind making 50+ phone calls a day.

Teamwork experiences?

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with strange emails coming to you either in the form of spam or from management?

1 Answer

What is your strength's and weaknesses? Give some examples of obstacles you have overcome.

Tell me about yourself?

1 Answer

Tell me how you handled a problem employee or customer while under a management position. STAR process

110 of 967 Interview Questions