Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Technical specialist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How much experience do you have in call-center tech support?

2 Answers

While I have several years of both tech support and call center experience, I have no tech support experience in a call center. So the interviewer, again a very nice and professional employee, seemed to completely lose interest in the interview.

I would follow up with, having both tech support and call center experience, I believe I have (number of years exp.) in assisting customers over the phone and would have no problem providing tech support over this medium.

"What is sysprep, and how is it used in an everyday computer enviornment?"

2 Answers

You are trying to access a file on a shared drive, but cannot (somewhat vague way to phrase question, but that is its intent I suppose)

2 Answers

Which is better: RAID 0+1 or RAID 1+0?

2 Answers

"How much do you expect to be paid? Be very specific with a dollar figure."

1 Answer

Asked about specific details about a school project I did over 5 years ago. Also asked for a specific example of when I dealt with a difficult technical problem that I couldn't solve.

1 Answer

General questions about my technical background and why I wanted to work at Elgia. Aptitude test would be the most "troubling" part just because it was new software and they just throw you right in to see how well you adapt and learn.

1 Answer

Suppose you start at $32,000 per year (about $16/hr.), receive $3,536 in company paid insurance benefits, receive 32% of your base in 401K/Profit Sharing/ESOP benefits, and cost the company 8% of your base in FICA taxes. Suppose also that you are trained for 4 months, plus get 7 holidays and 10 days total of sick leave and vacation your first year. Assuming 176 work hours per month and 8 hours per day; in your first year, what is your cost to the company per hour that YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP A CUSTOMER? This is actually the sample question from their website, but the question on the test is worded slightly different, with a few different numbers, meant to complicate matters a bit. If you can answer this question, it should give you a good base from which to answer the final question on the in-person test.

1 Answer

"Having been a manger and owner of your own company, won't you find it difficult to work for someone else?"

1 Answer

If a contractor bids x for a job, and has expense y, and expense z, what was the true cost of the bid? Equipment cost is w.

110 of 666 Interview Questions