Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions

Technical support specialist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"What is sysprep, and how is it used in an everyday computer enviornment?"

2 Answers

I had no idea... never had to use sysprep

Sysprep is a tool designed for administrators, and OEM's. After you perform the initial setup steps on a single computer, you can run the tool to prepare the sample computer for cloning. -Microsoft

You are trying to access a file on a shared drive, but cannot (somewhat vague way to phrase question, but that is its intent I suppose)

2 Answers

How much experience do you have in call-center tech support?

best quality

1 Answer

Tell me about A time you had to deal with policy's change?

1 Answer

Asked about specific details about a school project I did over 5 years ago. Also asked for a specific example of when I dealt with a difficult technical problem that I couldn't solve.

1 Answer

What was the last book you read?

1 Answer

General questions about my technical background and why I wanted to work at Elgia. Aptitude test would be the most "troubling" part just because it was new software and they just throw you right in to see how well you adapt and learn.

1 Answer

Suppose you start at $32,000 per year (about $16/hr.), receive $3,536 in company paid insurance benefits, receive 32% of your base in 401K/Profit Sharing/ESOP benefits, and cost the company 8% of your base in FICA taxes. Suppose also that you are trained for 4 months, plus get 7 holidays and 10 days total of sick leave and vacation your first year. Assuming 176 work hours per month and 8 hours per day; in your first year, what is your cost to the company per hour that YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP A CUSTOMER? This is actually the sample question from their website, but the question on the test is worded slightly different, with a few different numbers, meant to complicate matters a bit. If you can answer this question, it should give you a good base from which to answer the final question on the in-person test.

110 of 332 Interview Questions