Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Writer Interview Questions

"Employers hiring technical writers want candidates with the technical knowledge and written communication skills to simplify complex concepts. In an interview, be prepared to discuss your writing experience and provide an example of a time you explained a difficult idea to a group or classroom. Your interviewer may also quiz you on technical concepts or ask you to engage in a written exercise."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you deal with people freaking out to meet the deadline for a USAID proposal?

1 Answer

I said that I am generally an easy-going person, used to deadlines, treat colleagues with respect--but also believe there would be less freaking out if a standard procedure and timelines were developed to ensure a smooth proposal development process and minimize last-minute panic.

How do you plan to ensure that your focus is always on improving the customer experience?

What's an API?

1 Answer

I was given a writing test. The test included three poorly organized technical writing passages that I was instructed to rewrite. Great idea to add this and something I have never seen in a technical writing interview. Typically you're just asked for samples and those are used to evaluate your ability as a writer.

1 Answer

If Pine Street is east of Oak Street and Maple Street is west of Pine Street, what street is furthest west?

7 Answers

In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

6 Answers

What letter comes next in the sequence: K J H I Q

2 Answers

What was your grade point average?

2 Answers

What is your favorite dev site? WHy should we hire you?

What is IIS