Technical Writing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Technical Writing Interview Questions

Technical writing interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Why are you interested in intellectual property?

1 Answer

They are interested in hiring technical writing interns that are interested in pursuing a career in patent law or something similar. They have problems with interns that are not really interested in their jobs.

The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?

1 Answer

Personality question: I used to have a lot of trouble being late for work, but that is all behind me now. [Choice ranges from Agree Not At All to Totally Agree].

1 Answer

Like many Fortune 500 companies, Monsanto uses the behavioral interview based on the popular (but unproven) notion that past job behavior predicts future job behavior. So you'll need to spend hours in advance doing mock interviews to make sure you have all your canned corporate-approved B.S. answers ready for your interrogation by 15 panelists. There won't be any opportunity for professional discussion.

When was a time you were given a very ambiguous assignment and how did you accomplish that assignment?

Question related to my certificate in technical communications and the skills on my resumé

1 Answer

Some more advanced Java questions regarding interfaces and abstract classes. Having only taken an intro level Java class I wasn't too familiar with these concepts.

I was asked experience, previous examples of successes and how I overcame any failures.

1 Answer

What other experiences other than your academic experience can you bring to the company.

overview of the experience and career.

110 of 23 Interview Questions