tenneco automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

tenneco automotive Interview Questions

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at tenneco automotive.

Interview

Basically just a phone interview. The HR suppose to send me an email to confirm the interview time but they did not. I am surprised to get that phone call with NO prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions like what's your biggest achievement? Whats your fav class? etc...   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Flint, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed. Some typical interview questions. A lot of getting to know me questions. Looking for a well rounded person. They let me know at the end that I should hear the next day because they are not allowed to give offers on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time that you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle/solve it   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Lake Forest, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

A head hunter found me. We had a couple of phone calls. One in person interview with 3 people individually. They were very misleading. They were pursuing me for one set of skills and claimed to want me for the SAP modules I had the most experience with . After I was hired I was thrown into a completely new set of modules. I had to go back and make sure I didn't have a typo on my resume. Be very skeptical of the level of truth you will receive as to what you will be doing for them.

Interview Questions

• I got an e-mail with a spreadsheet attachment listing out the SAP modules they had. I had to rank my experience with each module.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very open with what I had been making at my current job and what I would expect to make a move. It sounded like the recruiter had to remind them that to get a quality candidate/employee they had to pony up. I was already employed so if they really wanted me they had to pay out. They did so I took the offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at tenneco automotive in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was pretty relaxed, I was the only one who applied so they just wanted to ensure that I was capable. It was only one person, the Quality Supervisor. Asked about my work experience and the classes I had taken. Also asked about my experience with Microsoft Excel, that was what they were hiring me for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my computer programming skills, when I have none.   2 Answers

Utilityman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartwell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Hartwell, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

worst job experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• they will train you in what ever you do!   1 Answer

Fea Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Detroit, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel interview. All question related to FEA. They asked question from my resume

Manufacturing Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Smithville, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

the interview went great I have to admit it was a long time ago so I don't exactly remember the first interview. The person that did interview me was very respectful & did ask very good questions. I gotten the phone call that evening to let me know I was hired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at tenneco automotive (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied the intern through my uncle, who's a senior manager there. Then I got the interview from the HR manager, she told me about my internship, including the salary, benefits, and some notations.

Interview Questions

• What's the relationship between my uncle and I?
      Why should we hire you as our intern?
      What's your undergraduate school?
      When are you going to graduate?   Answer Question