Test automation engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Test automation engineer Interview Questions

test automation engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Fairly standard fare. Know your algorithms and data structures, talk through your thought process, do your research on what their technology is, etc.

2 Answers

Any specifics on what sort of phone screen questions?

NDA, so I can't really be specific. It would be best to look up specifics related to the role you're applying for, as well.

Level of familiarity with coding in Python, JS, SQL and about Rest APIs and software testing tools

1 Answer

Had me code live, in JavaScript, during the interview.

1 Answer

Explain a nuances of methods in Java vs C++ and key differences. The desired answer is that C++ requires virtual keyword but Java is different.

1 Answer

What type of hours are you looking for?

1 Answer

1. What was your most challenging project 2. How was your relationship with Dev team 3. What is your take on agile development 4. What was your role in the agile project you worked on 5. What can you do to finish the testing in timely manner 6. Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that? 7. Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure. What was going on, and how did you get through it? 8. Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?

Strengths and weaknesses

1 Answer

Best I recall, the gist of it was code up in C/C++ on the whiteboard, a function to tell if a string contained any numeric digits.

1 Answer

The panel was not creative at all - everybody asked almost the same "classic" questions

1 Answer

How do you feel about working as an automation engineer?

110 of 146 Interview Questions