Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Test Engineer Interview Questions

2,319

Test engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

First explain what a tree, then binary tree, then a binary search tree is. Now implement a function that verifies whether a binary tree is a valid binary search tree.

5 Answers

Given a binary tree, how would you set the keys/values of all the nodes and their child pointers to null. No language restriction. Do it iteratively in O(N) time with O(1) space complexity where N is the number of nodes in the tree. Other Details: - Tree is just a regular Binary Tree and doesn't have the BST property. - It is not guaranteed to be balanced. - You may do whatever you want to the tree however, you must ensure that all the nodes in the tree and their left/right pointers are set to null.

find if 2 strings are anagrams

5 Answers

Given a triangle, determine if its a scalene, equilateral, isosceles or neither... required knowledge of triangle properties, I learnt these properties about two decades ago so ofcourse I was fuzzy on the details, completely unexpected

4 Answers

Talk about how to verify if an RF amplifier is operating in its linear mode?

What is a class?

4 Answers

I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"

5 Answers

There is a body of water that starts with 1 square unit, and doubles in size every day (2 units after 2 days, 4 units after 4 days). It takes 100 days to fill up. How many days would it take to fill if you started with 2 square units?

6 Answers

In a BST write a program to find 2 nodes x and y such that X+y=k

4 Answers

Given a 2D rectangular matrix of boolean values, write a function which returns whether or not the matrix is the same when rotated 180 degrees. Additionally verify that every boolean true is accessible from every other boolean true if a traversal can be made to an adjacent cell in the matrix, excluding diagonal cells. That is , (x , y ) can access the set [ ( x + 1 , y ) , ( x - 1 , y ) , (x , y - 1 ) , (x , y + 1 ) ] For example, the matrix { { true , false } , { false , true } } should not pass this test.

2130 of 2,319 Interview Questions