TFA Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TFA Corps Member Interview Questions

TFA corps member interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why would you quit TFA?

2 Answers

Once I take on an assignment, I complete it no matter how challenging it is. I overcome my difficulties in any task by persevering and trying every option until I succeed. I've learned not to give up in difficult situations.

If my good intentions are doing more harm than good.

Most unexpected: Have you ever missed a deadline?

1 Answer

Probably, when they asked to look at my planner to see my time management skills.

1 Answer

The sample teach can be the most challenging part of the interview day for many, and most of the sample lessons I saw were pretty bad.

1 Answer

Teaching a lesson to other group interviewees was the most difficult. Make sure you have an assessment at the end of your lesson to determine if your "Students" have learned the material. Be prepared for difficult questions during your lesson from TFA staff acting as students.

They ask in the individual interview you have in person what you'd do in a specific scenerio. The senerio i got was about a school district I wanted to start an after school history club in but there was no money. So you have to convince the principal (the interviewer) why you should have the program.

Your interviewers are almost always former corps members and/or recent TFA alumni, and they will open up the floor to candidate questions. They are very open and forthcoming with answering and detailing their own experiences in the corps. Your questions during this time will demonstrate your commitment to and knowledge of TFA, as well as what type of leader you will be in your classroom and region. Many of the candidates applying for spots in the incoming TFA corps are competitive, with past records of achievement and success in their respective fields. Make sure, therefore, that during open question time you clearly and deftly allow others to speak, demonstrate your own active listening skills, and do not hog the speaking time. This shows what type of corps member you will be, and TFA does not want braggarts who can't work or collaborate with others. This was also clearly the purpose of the whole-group and small-group activities; which corps members will be able to work with and for others while leading through action and example, and which candidates are attempting to control and regulate the situation? By the time you move to your final one-on-one interview, be sure to have several questions prepared and anecdotes about your past experiences as a leader and as a learner. TFA will invest in you only as much as you show you are willing to embrace and overcome obstacles - this is not an easy job, but instead very challenging yet rewarding. TFA wants to see your demonstrated experience at overcoming obstacles by problem solving, collaborating with others, and relentlessly pursuing your own goals. Also, I highly suggest coming in with region-specific questions and references to current corps members you know; they want to know that you are aware of what you're getting in to with TFA!

There's 30 minute one on one portion where they ask about background and really focus on why TFA and times in which you overcame adversity.

110 of 67 Interview Questions