Travel Outlook Interview Question: they dont really ask you any ... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Reservations Agent/Specialist Interview Santa Fe, NM

they dont really ask you any questions, its more about you

asking them questions,
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

We appreciate very much the time taken to post an opinion and feedback regarding our company!

We at Travel Outlook take pride in an engaged and responsive approach to our primary asset, our people. Last year the company reworked the employment model and applicants will find the hiring process rigorous with an extensive interview schedule with the director of training and the manager of the call center.

Training is a 4 week program including detailed instruction on our systems, a coaching oriented training on sales technique and customer engagement as well as online modules to learn and practice the use of our client systems for managing inventory. This is followed by live practice with trainers shadowing your work and assessing readiness to represent the company's clients. If an applicant finds this very easy then you are someone we are looking for.

This post appears to refer to a time when agents were hired as independent contractors rather than employees and most of the previously mentioned changes were not in place. Our compensation plan is an hourly plus commission model, the details of which are presented as part of the hiring process. I cannot assess the poster's claim regarding a "dunce" but our people are very good, capable agents who work very hard at what they do. They routinely receive commendations from our clients for their great service.

Regards,

D. De Pree, VP Human Resources

Dirk De Pree on May 25, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.