Business Development Manager Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Business Development Manager Interview Questions in Toronto, ON, Canada

"Business development managers work to expand their company's business, so employers are looking for go-getters who can identify promising opportunities, manage partner relations, and successfully implement partnerships into current business models. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on your analytical, interpersonal, and management skills. You may be asked to evaluate a prospective market or pitch an unorthodox business to the executives of a company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why should we hire you? Coming from a telecom to a software background the immediate connection was made when I talked about the business of a company and aligning software with their priority

1 Answer

Gave an example of how I mapped business priorities to the solution

What were the targets in your last position? How did you respond to pushback in your last position? How would you convince partners that we are better than the competition? How would you negotiate margins?

Why are you interested in the role? How do your previous experiences relate to the role? What was a challenge in high school?

Was asked many behavioural questions about strengths and weaknesses. Asked about technical experience, highlights from previous jobs/experience.

1 Answer

A case about thisopenspace launching in a new market and running a contest to generate, qualify, and close leads who we would then help launch stores/pop-ups. It involved learning about the current tools that are being used and using systems thinking to accurately find and use data we already have to successfully launch in a new market.

1 Answer

Do you mean I have to buy hardware for this solution? I cannot afford that.

How did you find out this position Very basic questions regarding previous sales experience What is your salary expectation