Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trading Interview Questions

Trading interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?

1 Answer

I said that I would give the production worker the knowledge of knowing what was wrong with the machine, and an approximate time as to how long it may take. I would then try to conversate and diffuse the situation with humor.

You are playing a game where the player gets to draw the number 1-100 out of hat, replace and redraw as many times as they want, with their final number being how many dollars they win from the game. Each "redraw" costs an extra $1. How much would you charge someone to play this game?

10 Answers

Say I take a rubber band and randomly cut it into three pieces. What's the probability that one of the pieces has length greater than 1/2 of the original circumference of the rubber band.

9 Answers

I have 10 cards face-down numbered 1 through 10. We play a game in which you choose a card and I give you the corresponding dollar amount. a) What is the fair price of this game? b) Now, after picking a card you can either take the dollar value on the card or $3.50. Also, cards worth less than 5 are now valued at $0. What is the maximum price you are now willing to pay for the game?

9 Answers

How many degrees are between the hour and minute hand on an analog clock when it is 5:15?

6 Answers

How many ways can you arange five people at a round table, such that there they are in increasing age order (clockwise or anti-clockwise)?

5 Answers

If i roll two dice and multiply the two outcomes, what is the probability of a perfect square?

6 Answers

We play a game. You flip two coins, if you get both heads I give you $1. If you get both tails you flip again. If you get one of each, I pay you nothing. What's the expected value of this game?

5 Answers

What is 29^2?

4 Answers

What is the expected value to you of the following game: You and another person have 3 coins each. You both flip all of your coins and if your three coins show the same number of tails as the other person, you pay them $2, otherwise they pay you $1.

4 Answers