Transcriptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transcriptionist Interview Questions

transcriptionist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you have trouble getting along with people? (Pathologist asked me that back in 2001) Was he after you? (in reference to a man from another place I had worked) We talked about everything but the position I had applied for...my strangest interview, ever

5 Answers

I did not know what to make of the interview process...especially the last one over the past few months. Anything but an interview. I felt like I was talking to a psychic...or a friend over a coffee. Very inappropriate and strange. And the H.R. rep was uppity with me and put down what I do for a living (that happened once before, even worse. In that situation the young woman said, "I would rather be in Hell itself than do what you do for a living"). Also made to feel like I had an 'ulterior motive' just for being there...like I was under glass.

My girlfriend also interviewed for a transcription position and heard the same 'put-down' about the profession. Unreal, huh? She was in tears when she came home, and I was livid. I considered calling out the CEO on the interviewing practices at this 'monkey farm'. Nothing like this would ever happen at UMass Memorial in Worcester.

The fact that the female supervisor isolated you like she did...and then gave you such a strange look. You poor person. I would DEFINITELY contact the CEO about your humiliation.

They asked me to transcribe an audio file.

4 Answers

(No interview) I wanted to submit my application experience.

2 Answers

Availability of when you can work (1st, 2nd, 3rd shift)

2 Answers

Do you have experience with anatomic pathology?

2 Answers

There was no interview it was skills testing only.

1 Answer

Do you want to work for us, yes or no?

1 Answer

She asked about my knowledge of spelling, grammar, etc.

1 Answer

You transcribe 3 short videos with their crappy software that barely works.

1 Answer

Transcribe this short audio.

110 of 174 Interview Questions