Truck driver Interview Questions

"When searching for a job as truck driver, be prepared to be asked about your past experience in the field. In addition to experience, employers are looking for drivers with clean records and who are willing to do long hours and be loyal to their company. The ability to communicate and be amicable are also attractive qualities to those hiring."

Truck driver Interview Questions

Truck driving is a physically demanding role. In a truck driver interview, employers may ask questions to assess your work history and safe driving skills. Employers are looking for drivers with a willingness to work long hours, a dedication to safety, and excellent customer service skills. Expect to discuss your driving record and answer situational questions that demonstrate your ability to handle stressful situations.

1,210 Truck Driver interview questions shared by candidates

Top Truck Driver Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three truck driver interview questions and how to answer them.

Question #1: Describe your experience as a professional truck driver.

How to answer: This question allows the interviewer to understand your work history as a professional truck driver. Be sure to include any special licenses you carry, the number of years you have been driving professionally, distances traveled, and any incidents on your driving record.

Question #2: How would you handle a major problem with a shipment?

How to answer: Truck drivers must work as a team with production companies, management, and customers to ensure that goods are available to the public. This question tests your customer service skills and your ability to handle stress on the job. If possible, discuss previous experiences you have had when dealing with shipment issues.

Question #3: Discuss current FMCSA regulations that apply to truck drivers.

How to answer: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) frequently issues new regulations for truck drivers. This question allows interviewers to test your willingness to stay current on safe driving procedures. Be sure to review FMCSA regulations prior to your interview and discuss how you plan on fulfilling FMCSA requirements.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Clark County School District
Heavy Truck Driver was asked...July 6, 2009

If you are short on your inventory for delivery, what would you do?

Check manafest check load talk to your driver manager or supervisor

Call back to supervisor as to why the product was not loaded. If in stock can it be delivered later?? Less

Check manafest check load talk to your driver manager or supervisor

Roadrunner Transportation Systems

How much experience do you have?

1yr

14 years

2 years

TransForce

How much driving experience did I have and what do I expect from the company

8 Answers

I expected company rules

5 years

Hub Group
Truck Driver was asked...February 26, 2018

What type of tractors and trailer have you pulled before?

6 Answers

Doubles, triples, 53fts, ect... I explained my work history detailing what type of trucks I have driven. Less

Freightliner century with 53ft dry van and reefer

53'ft dry van

DynCorp International

asked about experience and education they ask about army experience and Afghanistan type of fuel JP 8 mo gas diesel work about 12 hr everyday no week off

4 Answers

6 years experience with USA army greenzone base .my education is 10th pass JP8 Have for special truck oil like army truck Mo gas is petrol for bike and car Diesel for truck bus pickup Less

I hav experience driving 1 5yer experience ini ndia and iraq hav kbr licence generator whasing sacking ruck Less

Cardinal Logistics Management
Truck Driver was asked...November 16, 2015

Can you operate a tractor pulling a 53ft trailer

Of course

Yes, I can

Florida Rock and Tank Lines

Do you have a CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement

Salmon Companies

Typical for a trucking job: Accidents Incidents, Endorsements

Honestly

Class A

No Accidents

Mack Trucking

am i ok with otr and regional driving

Cloverdale Fuel
Truck Driver was asked...September 6, 2018

How I felt about working afternoons and traveling to the states.

I had no issues with either