uShip.com CTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

uShip.com CTS Interview Questions

Interviews at uShip.com

CTS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was definitely more intense than any previous interviews. First, I submitted an online application that asked a variety of questions regarding prior customer service experience. I was then asked to come in to do an in-person interview. The people interviewing me were easy going and dressed in their usual casual attire. I felt comfortable and at ease and although it was a 3-person panel interview, it felt more like an easy flowing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a challenging experience on the phone, how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for uShip.com

CTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for uShip was very long and involved and took 3 months from the day that I first applied online to when I received the rejection email. I first sent in an online application and was contacted the next day to fill out a questionnaire evaluating my work style and personality. I sent in the questionnaire that night and did not hear anything back for three weeks at which point I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward and only took 10 minutes. The interviewer asked very standard questions like why do you want to work in customer service?
    A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. This interview took place in the Austin office. The interview questions were fairly straight-forward and included questions about my hobbies and what my theme song would be. They also asked if there was anything they didn't ask that they should have asked. After an hour, they ended the interview by giving me a brief tour of the office and telling me that I would hear back within a week. I feel confident saying this interview went great! They contacted me to schedule another interview within an hour of when I left the office.
    I wish I could say that the second interview was as successful, but something was off from the beginning. The two team leads that I interviewed with didn't have any of the notes from my first interview and actually asked if this was my first or second interview. They were working from the same list of questions that were asked during my first interview and asked me the same questions. I've never been through an interview process like this. The second interview is usually to gain new insight or to test the candidate on the skills that they will need for the role, not a rehash of the previous interviews. After they finished asking me questions and I had asked them 5 or 6 questions, I attempted to end the interview by saying that I didn't want to take up too much of their time (the interview had gone on for an hour and fifteen minutes at that point.) They responded by saying that no one else had that conference room reserved so there was no rush to leave. I was really taken aback by this response; it honestly just sounded like they didn't want to go back to work.
    I had spent hours preparing for both of these interviews, researching the company and putting together responses to questions that I was going to be asked. To be met with this kind of unprofessionalism was very disappointing. I left feeling pretty sure that I wouldn't be offered the position, but it actually took them 6 weeks to email me a rejection. I know that many companies don't even offer that courtesy, but it was still odd that it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you offered great customer service? How did you handle challenges with the product?   Answer Question