uShip.com Content Marketing Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at uShip.com

1 Interview Review

Content Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an initial call with a super friendly recruiter. Afterward, had a lengthy Skype call with the hiring manager and other in-person interviews. Some interviewers were pleasant and professional, while others badmouthed the previous person in the role, as well as other coworkers. People were very defensive about the "frat reputation" and Yelp reviews, which I hadn't even brought up and talked a little too much about free lunches.

There was a big disconnect between the job description and what some interviewers asked about (content strategy and creation) and what the hiring manager wanted (traffic coordinator/project manager). There also wasn't a ton of context for who I was meeting with (and more importantly, why).

I felt like either a) the expectations for this role weren't worked out or agreed upon by management or b) the expectations aren't realistic for one person based on the company's existing content.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle senior management giving very different feedback?   1 Answer