uShip.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at uShip.com

2.4

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable environment. It does not feel like a formal interview. My interview even happened at a Cafe Medici, because their plumbing was getting fixed. They asked me 2 software questions, but they weren't tricky - just trying to get an idea of my thought process. The topics basically followed from the answers I gave on the questionnaire and my resume.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions did force me to think quickly, so I didn't answer the way I wanted to at first, but it was really not that bad. Like I said, they just want to see how you approach a problem. There are more than one answer that would be considered correct.   Answer Question

Negotiation

"Congratulations! Here's an offer. Do you accept?"
    "Yes, thanks!"

very straightforward.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com in October 2017.

Interview

uShip reached out to me through an online platform, and requested a coding test through HackerRank. It was basically a waste of time, since the test provided no criteria for evaluation and was rejected for the next round in spite of a working solution. Had they provided criteria for evaluation or a way to ask questions about it, it would have been more useful for both sides. I would hesitate before responding to them again.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of maxes and an array of numbers, return an array of the numbers that are less than the maxes, corresponding to each max.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com.

Interview

Emailed recruiter my resume; got an interview.

Interview Questions

• Very simple coding questions. Mostly looking for fit in interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

online application process with a short questionnaire, 1.5 hour onsite interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Had the initial talk with the HR and got the interview scheduled. The scheduled interview was a Skype interview. The lady who took my interview seemed to had made her mind before even interviewing me that I wasn’t going to make it anyways. Her attitude reflected in her words. Seemed to have a lot of ego.
    Asked couple of basic technical questions (OOPs etc) .
    It seemed as if she was racist about me.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at uShip.com.

Interview

Very informal - took 3 weeks to hear a response to the interview process after I had to reach out to the recruiter. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Very neat and casual office as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about recommending a change in fee structure?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen for 30 minutes, then an onsite interview.

During my onsite interview, the interviewers were 20 minutes late. One of my interviewers spaced out and stared out the window. That same interviewer checked his phone while I was talking about my work. They passed on me, not a surprise since the guy that was directing the interviewer wasn't paying attention.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Video screener is the first step, where you don't talk to an actual person. You're responding to pre-recorded videos of a recruiter asking questions. Then a phone interview, then a three-hour in-person interview, including a math test and "crazy" question to understand how you think.

Interview Questions

• How many people are up in the air in airplanes above the USA right now?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I applies online for a business sales position. I got accepted to do a video interview. I went through the interview and never heard back. I even sent 2 emails to the recruiter trying to follow up as well as others. No reply back as I was expecting to at least hear whether or not they are moving forward.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Good overall pretty straight forward and easy. I'm the end I turned them down because they couldn't pay market rates for an interaction designer, literally could get paid more every place I applied.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about prior projects   1 Answer