uShip.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at uShip.com

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within the week

First Interview: Over the phone with a sales manager. Gave me a quick background on the company and the position, then asked me questions about my work experience.

Second Interview: In person. Started out with a sales rep giving me a tour of the building. Then introduced me to another sales rep who I shadowed for roughly 30 minutes. Afterwords I sat down with the first sales rep as well as the sales manager I spoke with on the phone. Same line of questioning about my work experience, and standard questions (weaknesses/strengths, etc.). After a round of questioning they had me role play as a rep a couple times, and then asked to perform a few basic math questions.

I was told I would be brought back in for a 3rd interview with the VP of Commercial Sales. After a couple weeks of no response I emailed the sales manager but he never responded to me.

CTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for uShip was very long and involved and took 3 months from the day that I first applied online to when I received the rejection email. I first sent in an online application and was contacted the next day to fill out a questionnaire evaluating my work style and personality. I sent in the questionnaire that night and did not hear anything back for three weeks at which point I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward and only took 10 minutes. The interviewer asked very standard questions like why do you want to work in customer service?
    A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. This interview took place in the Austin office. The interview questions were fairly straight-forward and included questions about my hobbies and what my theme song would be. They also asked if there was anything they didn't ask that they should have asked. After an hour, they ended the interview by giving me a brief tour of the office and telling me that I would hear back within a week. I feel confident saying this interview went great! They contacted me to schedule another interview within an hour of when I left the office.
    I wish I could say that the second interview was as successful, but something was off from the beginning. The two team leads that I interviewed with didn't have any of the notes from my first interview and actually asked if this was my first or second interview. They were working from the same list of questions that were asked during my first interview and asked me the same questions. I've never been through an interview process like this. The second interview is usually to gain new insight or to test the candidate on the skills that they will need for the role, not a rehash of the previous interviews. After they finished asking me questions and I had asked them 5 or 6 questions, I attempted to end the interview by saying that I didn't want to take up too much of their time (the interview had gone on for an hour and fifteen minutes at that point.) They responded by saying that no one else had that conference room reserved so there was no rush to leave. I was really taken aback by this response; it honestly just sounded like they didn't want to go back to work.
    I had spent hours preparing for both of these interviews, researching the company and putting together responses to questions that I was going to be asked. To be met with this kind of unprofessionalism was very disappointing. I left feeling pretty sure that I wouldn't be offered the position, but it actually took them 6 weeks to email me a rejection. I know that many companies don't even offer that courtesy, but it was still odd that it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you offered great customer service? How did you handle challenges with the product?   Answer Question

CTS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was definitely more intense than any previous interviews. First, I submitted an online application that asked a variety of questions regarding prior customer service experience. I was then asked to come in to do an in-person interview. The people interviewing me were easy going and dressed in their usual casual attire. I felt comfortable and at ease and although it was a 3-person panel interview, it felt more like an easy flowing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a challenging experience on the phone, how did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Sales As Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was incredibly detailed. Initially they had me answer five questions via email and then they sent me links to read up on the company's processes which was covered heavily in the interview. Make sure you are able to describe all of the topics in the links they provide you for the interview!

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good sales associate?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Breathtakingly unprofessional. Disorganized, dishonest. I suggest you check their Yelp reviews. Or their Twitter feed. Or their FB page. Not only do they have a seemingly endless supply of angry, dissatisfied customers AND vendors, but they don't even have the sense to try to respond to or rectify complaints.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind if we re-schedule the interview for a third time?   1 Answer

Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

They try to keep the interview casual and relaxed. The technical questions were not tricky but you still need to know your stuff, especially when it comes to writing organized code. Mostly they are want to know if you are a good culture match.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They usually get back to you very quickly. They are flexible with waiting on other offers. I had another offer and uShip matched it when I told them about it.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at uShip.com.

Interview

The interview process was a very smooth and fast one. I applied online and was contacted within a day by the in house recruiter. She asked me a few questions regarding my experience and then explained the hiring manager would be contacting me for a phone interview. I spoke with the manager and was then asked to come in for an in house interview. The interview consisted on 3 rounds of people asking me a series of questions. The whole process to 3 hours! I was contacted the next day with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Study and know your stuff before the interview. Don't put skills on your resume that your not prepared to demonstrate.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Friendly, engaging people. One on sight interview for about 45 minutes. Interview was about half behavioral to technical. Two people conducting interview. Seemed to mostly care about web fluency and passion for the company. Interviewers asked specifically why I was interested in uShip.

Interview Questions

• Asked 'how would you break a vending machine'? Asked about familiarity with browser and Selenium.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application from the Internet and started waiting for the response. The response came in 2 weeks with a negative result but the wording and the attitude was extremely positive.

Fraud Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then the typical in-person interview. The big issue with the interview is that you interview with the hiring manager. If you plan on leaving or planning or have a plan to advance within the company too early for their taste, they will not hire you.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on leaving the position due to you graduating within 6 months   1 Answer