uShip.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

uShip.com Interview Questions

Interviews at uShip.com

2.4

Trust and Safety Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at uShip.com in June 2016.

Interview

It was interesting as everything was communicated through email and the only phone call I ever received was for a phone interview. To set up the three different interviews it was all done through email and the offered was even done through email. The initial phone interview was a basic 30 minute interview and then I was emailed the next day to set up an in person interview with the team. A few days after that I was then asked to come in and interview again with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions one would expect to be asked really, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Member Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com in January 2017.

Interview

Quite disorganized to be honest. My interviewee never called me when they were supposed to. And I had to reach out to them several times to make sure everything was in order for the following interview steps

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you offered great customer service?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

HR/Talent person contacted and sent a hackerrank questionnaire which was pretty easy to complete. It mostly covered about technical skills, stacks, general knowledge of software engineering. They replied and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. I felt a bit unconformable not having an initial call to discuss more about compensation and other HR basic things but I went ahead and we set up the call. The second call covered more in-depth about my background, ways of working, my experience working with teams. I honestly felt he was really prepared or he was reading his questions. I had the chance to ask some questions. Overall it was a nice call but I felt like I also wasted 1 hour of my time, when he could have asked less questions and I think the interviewer had already decided for other type of candidate. I am looking for jobs so for me any opportunity to have interview is good but I do not think I would have worked for that company anyways.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within the week

First Interview: Over the phone with a sales manager. Gave me a quick background on the company and the position, then asked me questions about my work experience.

Second Interview: In person. Started out with a sales rep giving me a tour of the building. Then introduced me to another sales rep who I shadowed for roughly 30 minutes. Afterwords I sat down with the first sales rep as well as the sales manager I spoke with on the phone. Same line of questioning about my work experience, and standard questions (weaknesses/strengths, etc.). After a round of questioning they had me role play as a rep a couple times, and then asked to perform a few basic math questions.

I was told I would be brought back in for a 3rd interview with the VP of Commercial Sales. After a couple weeks of no response I emailed the sales manager but he never responded to me.

CTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process for uShip was very long and involved and took 3 months from the day that I first applied online to when I received the rejection email. I first sent in an online application and was contacted the next day to fill out a questionnaire evaluating my work style and personality. I sent in the questionnaire that night and did not hear anything back for three weeks at which point I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward and only took 10 minutes. The interviewer asked very standard questions like why do you want to work in customer service?
    A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. This interview took place in the Austin office. The interview questions were fairly straight-forward and included questions about my hobbies and what my theme song would be. They also asked if there was anything they didn't ask that they should have asked. After an hour, they ended the interview by giving me a brief tour of the office and telling me that I would hear back within a week. I feel confident saying this interview went great! They contacted me to schedule another interview within an hour of when I left the office.
    I wish I could say that the second interview was as successful, but something was off from the beginning. The two team leads that I interviewed with didn't have any of the notes from my first interview and actually asked if this was my first or second interview. They were working from the same list of questions that were asked during my first interview and asked me the same questions. I've never been through an interview process like this. The second interview is usually to gain new insight or to test the candidate on the skills that they will need for the role, not a rehash of the previous interviews. After they finished asking me questions and I had asked them 5 or 6 questions, I attempted to end the interview by saying that I didn't want to take up too much of their time (the interview had gone on for an hour and fifteen minutes at that point.) They responded by saying that no one else had that conference room reserved so there was no rush to leave. I was really taken aback by this response; it honestly just sounded like they didn't want to go back to work.
    I had spent hours preparing for both of these interviews, researching the company and putting together responses to questions that I was going to be asked. To be met with this kind of unprofessionalism was very disappointing. I left feeling pretty sure that I wouldn't be offered the position, but it actually took them 6 weeks to email me a rejection. I know that many companies don't even offer that courtesy, but it was still odd that it took so long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you offered great customer service? How did you handle challenges with the product?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Breathtakingly unprofessional. Disorganized, dishonest. I suggest you check their Yelp reviews. Or their Twitter feed. Or their FB page. Not only do they have a seemingly endless supply of angry, dissatisfied customers AND vendors, but they don't even have the sense to try to respond to or rectify complaints.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind if we re-schedule the interview for a third time?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Friendly, engaging people. One on sight interview for about 45 minutes. Interview was about half behavioral to technical. Two people conducting interview. Seemed to mostly care about web fluency and passion for the company. Interviewers asked specifically why I was interested in uShip.

Interview Questions

• Asked 'how would you break a vending machine'? Asked about familiarity with browser and Selenium.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application from the Internet and started waiting for the response. The response came in 2 weeks with a negative result but the wording and the attitude was extremely positive.

Content Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at uShip.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an initial call with a super friendly recruiter. Afterward, had a lengthy Skype call with the hiring manager and other in-person interviews. Some interviewers were pleasant and professional, while others badmouthed the previous person in the role, as well as other coworkers. People were very defensive about the "frat reputation" and Yelp reviews, which I hadn't even brought up and talked a little too much about free lunches.

There was a big disconnect between the job description and what some interviewers asked about (content strategy and creation) and what the hiring manager wanted (traffic coordinator/project manager). There also wasn't a ton of context for who I was meeting with (and more importantly, why).

I felt like either a) the expectations for this role weren't worked out or agreed upon by management or b) the expectations aren't realistic for one person based on the company's existing content.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle senior management giving very different feedback?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at uShip.com in July 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited for an initial interview with two members of the team I would be working with. Two days later I was invited for a follow up interview with department head. We took a standard tour of the office and returned to the interview room. He then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Zoo Book? How good are you at beer pong?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation