uShip.com Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

uShip.com Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at uShip.com

1 Interview Review

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at uShip.com in August 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone with the hiring manager, and was focused on my past experiences, interests, goals, and soft skills.

I was contacted again for an in-person interview with the same hiring manager and several members of the QA team. Truthfully, I prioritized this interview lower than other events in my life and didn't prepare almost at all. As a result, I really bombed the technical portion of the interview, but the team was so supportive and helpful, with a high willingness to collaborate and communicate, that it wasn't nearly as negative an experience as it could have been.

Although I was embarrassed at having been so poorly prepared, I really loved the team and plan to apply again with a little more prep work. Huge thanks to the QA team at UShip for being awesome and not just leaving me hanging in awkward silence while I struggled with the technical questions!

The hiring manager was also very willing to work around my schedule so I could hire on at a date that would be convenient for me, if I were to be selected for the role.

As a side note, the facility is modern and open, with lots of natural light - not at all like the dungeons where they keep most QA and Dev teams.

I actually got a quick response to my follow-up mail from the hiring manager that I sent after hearing I wasn't selected. He was just as polite and forthcoming as he had been during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a method similar to other example methods, to hit an API using a HEAD request.   1 Answer
  • Write a SQL query that pulls specific columns from Table A and specific columns from Table B.   1 Answer