uShip.com Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

uShip.com Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at uShip.com

2.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com.

Interview

I was interviewed by the nicest people. Everything is super casual, so you don't need to dress formal. The interview was like a casual conversation. They asked my how I got into CS and about things on my resume. At the very end there are two technical questions that are pretty easy, one about array manipulation and one about abstract classes. Awesome office and culture, hope to work with them soon.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for uShip.com

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

They'll just send you an email saying they would like to schedule you for an interview. 2 developers will typically be there to interview you. Upon arriving, they'll walk you around the office and show you their facilities (such as the kitchen, upstairs game zone, and ping pong room). Then they'll walk you to a conference room where they'll review your resume, pick out interesting tidbits for you to talk about. Afterwards, they'll test your thought process as a programmer to see if you think in a really abstract way (in there own words, "to see if you can grasp the big picture"). Finally, they'll end the interview by seeing if you have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on abstract classes and interfaces in C#.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

I spoke with an outside recruiter and then with a hiring manager over the phone. A few minutes later, I received a call from the recruiter saying that they were not going to extend an offer.

I left a short, polite voice-mail to the hiring manager requesting some information about why they were not extending an offer to me.

Later that day, I received another call from the recruiter in I was scolded and verbally abused for allegedly embarrassing the recruiter. The recruiter said that I acted unprofessionally by leaving voice-mail with uShip without asking for the recruiter's permission first. I was extremely angry about the way I was spoken to.

I have come to hold outside recruiters in low regard due to the lack of professionalism and courtesy that I have experienced with many of them, but this is the worst experience I've ever had with a recruiter.

This experience has soiled uShip's reputation to me as well as the reputation of the recruiter. I hope that they never again hold the keys to a career that I consider.

Worst. Interview. Experience. Ever.

Interview Questions

• "Did you call uShip behind my back?"   1 Answer

uShip.com Response

Oct 22, 2014 – Recruiter

We are sincerely sorry you had a terrible and what sounds to be extremely unprofessional experience with an agency recruiter. This is exactly why we typically do not engage outside agencies for our... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was impressed with the interview process. The first stage consisted of an online skills test, with a followup interview over Skype or Hangouts. You'll be asked about your approach to the test and questions about your background. Subsequent in person interviews are very conversational, with some challenging questions. Some whiteboard or laptop coding may be required in person. Overall, I was impressed with my interviewers and received and accepted an offer from the company.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project with your previous employer?   Answer Question