uShip.com Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

uShip.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at uShip.com

2.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at uShip.com in October 2017.

Interview

uShip reached out to me through an online platform, and requested a coding test through HackerRank. It was basically a waste of time, since the test provided no criteria for evaluation and was rejected for the next round in spite of a working solution. Had they provided criteria for evaluation or a way to ask questions about it, it would have been more useful for both sides. I would hesitate before responding to them again.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of maxes and an array of numbers, return an array of the numbers that are less than the maxes, corresponding to each max.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for uShip.com

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at uShip.com (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process is extremely impersonal. They start you out with a hackerrank quiz where you're given an hour to answer a mix of open-ended questions about design patterns, experience with testing frameworks, front-end experience, etc.

You're then selected to conduct a 1-on-1 coding challenge that is pretty simple. The other half of this time is spent talking about your experience.

From this point, they'll finally bring you into the office to conduct what I can assume is another round of interviews.

I was declined after the phone screen. I specifically asked the interviewer for feedback and he told me that the solution I provided was good.

Some feedback other than a general "We're moving forward with our candidate search" would be nice. It's the least you could do for wasting someones time.

Interview Questions

• General quiz/trivia style software engineering questions. A simple coding challenge that involved string manipulation.   Answer Question