UI Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UI Designer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a UI designer, be prepared to answer questions about your work philosophy, how you strive to work with other team members, and be asked about how you would improve specific examples. Have a portfolio ready to show off your previous work and be enthusiastic and passionate about your work."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Who determines user standards, you, the company, someone else?

1 Answer

Usability standards are not established by a person or place, but it is what is adopted by the user community at large. It is difficult to change or establish new standards, but it is more important for usability to follow standards that are studied and identified by usability experts, such as Jakob Nielsen or Steve Krug.

How do you deal with a group of twelve or more people who all have a different opinion about what looks good and what doesn't

1 Answer

Can you describe what your design process is?

2 Answers

My exercise was to redesign the Netflix homepage for desktop. The Global VP of Design at Spotify happens to be Rochelle King, formerly of Netflix. I thought that was clever.

1 Answer

None really, if you know what you do. They were all standard questions for UI. I do recall them asking me about my biggest challenge in past work.

1 Answer

Are you a big fan of marketing?

1 Answer

what methods have you used

1 Answer

what user research methods are you familiar with

1 Answer

A "design exercise." My choice from six different re-design problems involving their desktop or mobile software experience.

1 Answer

Describe the process of how you would create a wine website from scratch.

110 of 397 Interview Questions