Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Underwriter Interview Questions

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The questions were not difficult for the position. A lot on tax return analysis, as well as appraisal analysis. What are the three main types of appraisals?

single family, condo, 2-4

Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a group member or superior and how could it have been avoided?

1 Answer

When reviewing an appraisal what areas would you be most concerned with.

1 Answer

Be as detailed as possible with situations from previous employment.

4 Answers

"What new policy or procedure have you had to implement at a previous job, and how did you adapt to it?"

3 Answers

1. Tell me a little more about yourself. 2. Give a specific example of how you have demonstrated your ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver results. Describe the situation and the manner in which you addressed it. 3. Do you know about the position you are applying for? 4. Tell me about what you did to prepare for today's interview. 5. Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service. *Two more customer service type questions I can't quite remember.

4 Answers

Why do you want to work here

2 Answers

Do you use miscrosoft outlook?

2 Answers

how do you handle immoral acts by other employees?

Math questions