Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Underwriter Interview Questions

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The questions were not difficult for the position. A lot on tax return analysis, as well as appraisal analysis. What are the three main types of appraisals?

2 Answers

single family, condo, 2-4

Single family

When reviewing an appraisal what areas would you be most concerned with.

1 Answer

Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a group member or superior and how could it have been avoided?

1 Answer

I was e-mailed a request for an interview early April for the end o the month. The hiring team allow you a great amount of time to prepare. On the day of the interview of the interview you will be briefed for 15 mins by a HR Recruiter and Underwriter. They will simply give you a more in-depth look int the position. The will give you great tips to focus on in the interview. Finally, your interviewer will come and get you, and the other few interviewees individually. This is the time to shine. Make sure you practice COMPETENCY BASED interviews. That is the type of interview you will have. Ensure that you refresh yourself on ways to answer, "Why are you considering leaving your current employer?" In a VERY concise manner, tell them about yourself. Remember to do something that will grab their attention and keep it relevant to the position. The questions are easy, just remember to focus on relating your work/experiences on those outlined in the job description. However, make sure you listen carefully and use the STAR method for each answer. After which, you will debrief with the managers that interviewed you, and then a HR Rep will come and go over benefits, and other details of the offer package. You will then receive your offer letter via e-mail between 7-10 business day later.

23 Answers

1. What do you know about State Farm ? 2. Do you have any knowledge of what an Underwriting Assistant does ? 3. Give an example of when you had a difficult customer or coworker. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome ? 4. Name an experience where you used multiple technologies. 5. Tell us about yourself. 6. Name a time where you lead a team and the details.

8 Answers

describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer

4 Answers

1. Tell me a little more about yourself. 2. Give a specific example of how you have demonstrated your ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver results. Describe the situation and the manner in which you addressed it. 3. Do you know about the position you are applying for? 4. Tell me about what you did to prepare for today's interview. 5. Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service. *Two more customer service type questions I can't quite remember.

4 Answers

"What new policy or procedure have you had to implement at a previous job, and how did you adapt to it?"

3 Answers

I was asked "What I could bring to the table?" before I really knew what the position entailed. I explain that I had experience at multiple insurance agencies - all of which they performed underwriting for - and I have experience at all stages of the insurance process.

3 Answers

How much do you want to make?

110 of 1,972 Interview Questions