Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Underwriter Interview Questions

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to work for Berkshire Hathaway?

1 Answer

I was interviewed by six people - three from each dept - two depts. represented. After the shock of seeing six people facing me in the room, I learned a bit about each dept. Then they asked me which dept I would prefer to work in. It was a very unexpected & disturbing question! I need a job. I was afraid to say I chose one over the other. Suppose the one I did not prefer was considering hiring me? Would my honesty work against me? I avoided answering the question, I think.

1 Answer

How do you manage your time?

1 Answer

Explain a time when you were not given much guidance and how did you react and what did you do?

1 Answer

Give us an example of a time you had to say, "No" and why that decision was hard.

1 Answer

I was e-mailed a request for an interview early April for the end o the month. The hiring team allow you a great amount of time to prepare. On the day of the interview of the interview you will be briefed for 15 mins by a HR Recruiter and Underwriter. They will simply give you a more in-depth look int the position. The will give you great tips to focus on in the interview. Finally, your interviewer will come and get you, and the other few interviewees individually. This is the time to shine. Make sure you practice COMPETENCY BASED interviews. That is the type of interview you will have. Ensure that you refresh yourself on ways to answer, "Why are you considering leaving your current employer?" In a VERY concise manner, tell them about yourself. Remember to do something that will grab their attention and keep it relevant to the position. The questions are easy, just remember to focus on relating your work/experiences on those outlined in the job description. However, make sure you listen carefully and use the STAR method for each answer. After which, you will debrief with the managers that interviewed you, and then a HR Rep will come and go over benefits, and other details of the offer package. You will then receive your offer letter via e-mail between 7-10 business day later.

19 Answers

What is the conforming loan max loan limit.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time your took a team that was in need of your leadership and what did you do to turn it around?

Scenario questions

1 Answer

Why did I think i was a great candidate for the position

3140 of 1,411 Interview Questions