Director Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in United States

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

13 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

Suppose you are working on a project with an original scope of a few months and you are told that you instead now have a few days -- how would you handle it?

5 Answers

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

How far apart is the hour and minute hand a 3:15?

6 Answers

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

5 Answers

You notice that adwords revenue for a certain word has dropped in Italy for the last 30 days. How do you go about determining why that has happened?

4 Answers

In an environment of layoffs and restructuring, how do you keep your team motivated?

4 Answers

"name the 3 types matrices used to manage risk in a project using information taken from PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) "If you have 5 projects running concurrently, describe a single matrix that would easily show how each of those projects were doing"

4 Answers

Provide a specific situation from your work history when you failed as a Project Manager and what did you do about it?

2 Answers